Category: WordPress Heroes
We have been search for WordPress heroes (top WordPress users), but forgot Matt Cutts, who himself may not realize that he is one of the WordPress heroes.
Why? First of all, his speech on WordPress at the WordCamp San Francisco and the great SEO results with WordPress inspired and encouraged a lot of people (business website owners, Web developers, SEO experts )including me and many of my clients to switch to WordPress from other platforms. At that WordCamp, he confirmed my early observation was right. Matt notes “WordPress takes care of 80-90% of (the mechanics of) Search Engine Optimization (SEO).” at his slide 12 of the 50 at "SEO for Bloggers"
Second of all, his only Website is running WordPress with an Alexa ranking 4,193 (as of this writing)
It proves that WordPress can handle pretty heavy traffic with ease. (Alexa says 50% of sites are slower )
If you are serious about SEO with WordPress, you should watch this video over and over again:
These points should be noted
Plugins recommended by Matt Cutts:
- Cookies in Comments
- WP Super Cache
- Enforce www. Preference
- Feedburner Feedsmith
Avoid Backlink Obsession (BO): Sometimes fewer links are better than more. (check out slide 18)
Don't forget image search, videos, etc. ( this point encourages us to think of add some more images for our posts and create more video tutorials for Youtube or other video sites.)
Find some more tips by yourself at his page: "Matt Cutts on WordPress".
WordPress has been helping more and more people and businesses create top Websites and it is by far the top CMS around the world.
So it is very interesting to find out the top WordPress Websites, or we can call them the "WordPress Heroes"
This post will be update from time to time so you may want to bookmark it and come back for the latest about WordPress world.
At https://wp89.com/learn/sample-wordpress-sites, I said that 99 percent of my clients' Websites are run on this great WordPress publishing system. Actually the following popular WordPress Websites will be more eye openers:
- The New York Times: they have been running over 60 blogs on WordPress, before that they were using Webcrossing, which I was using to build online forums for Kaiser members and doctors from 2000 to 2006. They are just like me: once they found WordPress, they never looked back. NYtimes.com traffic is now ranking 84 globally according to alexa, and WordPress contribute a lot to its success.
- Mashable.com: Alexa Ranking 246
- Tutsplus.com Alexa Ranking:579
- css-tricks.com Alexa Ranking 1,717
- Makeuseof.com Alexa Ranking:1,265
- Venturebeat.com, Alexa ranking 2,745
- WP89.com, yes, this site itself is WordPress site
We'll find out more great WordPress sites and update soon.
Oops! ( we got a typo earlier: heros should be heroes)